Saving Money Pays Off
You have probably heard from many people including your parents, grandparents, teachers, and even friends that saving money is something you need to do. Sometimes it’s hard to understand why saving money is a better option than spending it. Launch CU wants to see you make good financial choices to ensure you have a stable financial future. That’s why we are here to explain why you should save, but also, how you can save. Saving money can help you:
- Be more responsible.
- Build your cash stash, so you know you have money when you need it.
- Earn dividends on the money that you have in your savings account at the credit union.
Saving doesn’t have to be difficult. Just follow these four easy steps.
- Make a list of items that you really want to save for.
- Take a few dollars from your allowance and put it in a piggy bank. Then, put a couple dollars in your wallet or purse to use as spending money.
- Put the remainder of your allowance in your Launch CU savings account.
- Keep track of how much you spend, what you bought, and how much you have saved every month. This will help you save more.
Remember, saving doesn’t have to be painful. You will be surprised by how much savings you can build by saving just a few dollars out of your allowance every week. Learning these skills at a young age will help you perfect them as an adult.